We all need a bit of lunchbox inspiration, whether for work or school. These muffins are the easiest things to make but my kids tell me they taste amazing! You can use any fruit, but at this time of the year the obvious choice is the blackberries that are growing all around us. If you’ve got access to mini plums then these muffins are also really nice with those.
Ingredients (makes 12)
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
250ml natural yoghurt
75ml vegetable oil
1. Whisk the eggs, yoghurt, sugar and oil in a big bowl for a few minutes till nice and airy
2. Gently stir in the blackberries
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder until just mixed. Try not to over-mix it
4. Put the mixture into 12 muffin cases on/in a baking tray
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C (160 for a fan oven)/GM 4, for 20-25 minutes. Leave to rest in the tray for 5/10 minutes then cool on a wire tray.